Saturday, October 31, 2009

Back to Bohemian Cafe (YUMMY!)

A few months back Brad had played at Bohemian Cafe and I was honored to have joined him to sing and play. The Bohemian Cafe asked Brad to come back and play and asked if I would come along again in kroj to perform. We had such a wonderful time last time we were there of course we accepted! I agreed to meet Brad there so he could get there quicker and get everything set up. My family and I headed to Omaha as soon as we were all off work. I ate as soon as I got there and more family joined us for the night. My mom's cousin even came out to celebrate her birthday with us. By the time I was finished eating Brad was ready to have me come and sing and play a few songs with them. I sang some on my own and even joined Math Sladky's brother in singing one song as he had come and was singing a few with the band also. I also played a few songs on the accordion with them. We had a good time again and I stayed to help the band pack up to head home and rode home with them. As before...it was a blast and we can't wait to go back and play or at least visit again!


Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: