Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lincoln Czech Club...Home Sweet Home!

In all of the rush traveling around the state and even to different states I was VERY excited to get to go back to the Lincoln Czech Club and speak. This is where it all started in 2004! :) I was invited to come back and speak to the club about the things I've done so far this year as their queen and now as the Nebraska queen. I put together a PowerPoint of EVERYTHING...which is a lot if you haven't noticed. HAHA! I couldn't believe how nervous I got in front of all of them STILL after all of these years. The only explanation I have for it is that they are my core group of fans...my extended family who has stuck by me through all this time! The LAST thing I would ever want to do is disappoint them. I talked through all the things I've done then modeled my kroj as I did in Clarkson and performed my talent so the people who couldn't make it were able to get an idea of what went on at the pageant. After I finished my talent we had Brad Husak and Dottie Sladky join me and we played a few songs for everyone. It was really fun because the Choraliers were all singing along. I also sang a few more songs and we got a few requests. It was a blast as usual and I look forward to many more meetings with the group! It was an honor to be invited to entertain all of them.

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: