Monday, October 19, 2009

Vala's Pumpkin Patch

A few months back Sandy from the state pageant asked me if I would be willing to come out to Vala's Pumpkin Patch and visit while they were open this fall. She works there part time and knows that they usually had an accordion player come out and perform at least once each year. I thought this sounded like a blast and had never been to Vala's so what a great way to get to see it all! :) I got in touch with their activities coordinator and was asked to be a "Strolling Celebrity" for the day. Basically my job was to walk around and meet people. It was a lot of fun. Lots of "Mommy It's a PRINCESS!" comments. :) I had my picture taken with Darth Vader and some of the Storm Troopers (more celebrities at Vala's for the day. After walking through a bunch of the different areas in Vala's I headed back to the main barn to meet Brad. The place is HUGE...I had no idea how much they had out there. We got our accordions out and played a few songs inside the main food barn and then went outside and drew quite a crowd around us to listen. (He even borrowed a vest so he would match me better.) We had a lot of fun playing for everyone and they seemed to enjoy it. After playing for about an hour we were able to change and walk through the park some more. It was a great day (just wish it would have been a BIT warmer.) I definitely recommend going out to Vala's if you have never been (even if you don't have kids...we had a blast just being kids ourselves!HAHA!)

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: