Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Night at Blue River Lodge

We heard rumors flying around about this being the last year for BRL under the current ownership but we ignored because I think more than anything...we didn't want it to be true! The last Sunday night of the year (well the part of the year that it is warm enough to have dances) was this Sunday and I wished it hadn't come so quickly. I hadn't been to BRL before this year and I had a BLAST every single time I went. We went out to watch Sue and the Blue River Czechs perform and danced the night away. They even asked me to come up on stage to sing and play few with them. It was a great night and I will miss having this place to come together and enjoy some good Czech polka music on Sundays! :*( Hopefully someone else will take over where the owners left off so we can keep our music alive. Hope to see each of you who reads this at a polka event in the near future. If we don't support these places they won't be around much longer!!!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: