Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nebraska Czech Slovak Queen Orientation Meeting

Wow...I can't believe it had been a whole year since I was sitting in a chair at the Southwest Fire Station as a new Nebraska Czech-Slovak Chapter Queen and Pageant Contestant. Since my mom joined the pageant committee and my younger brother is a volunteer firefighter at the fire station we went there and helped clean up the night before orientation. We had everything set up but when my mom got there they had moved everything for a neighborhood cleanup. After getting all of that straightened out it all worked out in the end. The girls and some parents were there and we talked through the schedule of the weekend, what to expect, and answered any questions. There were a few big changes this year. First of all they drew numbers during orientation for pageant order. I thought this was a great idea because the girls still go in a random order but it's a lot easier for the audience to follow along if the order is printed in their programs. The 2nd big change this year is that we will be having a fishbowl question. I'm not sure how the girls felt about this but I think it is an AWESOME preparation for the national pageant for our to be crowned Nebraska queen. I know this is what I am most nervous about at nationals and I'm sure that previous queens have felt the same. They decided to pick one topic and let the girls know what it would be and actually give them each of the questions to research ahead of time so they can feel prepared. I am so excited for all of these girls and the opportunities they have as queens. I am having such a wonderful time getting to know them and look forward to the state pageant and getting to spend more time with each of them! :) GOOD LUCK GIRLIES I'M SO PROUD OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!!!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: