Sunday, May 9, 2010

CGSI Symposium

I am lucky to have a family who has kept pretty good records of our history but there is always more to learn. I joined the Czechoslovak Genealogical Society International (CGSI for short.) My mom and I both decided to attend the symposium to learn more about researching and finding information about where our ancestors came from and how they lived in previous years.

I had a great time meeting people from all over the US and getting to know more about them and their ancestors and the awesome things they found in their research. I am so excited to apply some of the secrets I learned at the symposium to my work.

It was great to see one of the judges from the state pageant last year and tell him about all that I have done as the state queen. I felt proud to show him that I was doing everything I could with the honor that he had a part in giving me, my title, 2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak queen.

Do you know where your family came from? What ship brought them to the U.S.? What port they entered into? Where they applied for homestead? For more info about joining CGSI and learning about these things and more visit their website!! http://www.cgsi.org/

Spanem Bohem!
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: