Sunday, May 9, 2010

Florence Days Parade

I was looking forward to the first parade of the year and started searching for something earlier than June. I was excited to find a parade in Omaha. After finding out more I was told this was probably the biggest parade in Omaha.

Since we were headed that way anyways we stopped in Elkhorn and picked out trim for my new kroj. I could look at their stuff for hours...and hours...and hours...and well yea you get the point...and we did! HAHA! We didn't finalize everything before we left so we had to go back after the parade and finish up.

Since the new Wilber Czech-Slovak Prince and Princess live in Omaha they met me there to ride through the parade with me. I was bummed that more of the queenies couldn't come but had a blast with Julia and John and had fun getting to know them better. It was hilarious because my aunt had a birthday party to go to after the parade so she was buying items from vendors along the road as we were going along. :)

We went back to pick out trims and I finally made up my mind. We picked trim for my skirt, Brad's vest, Harleena's pants, and more! :) I think I should own a business like this someday so I don't keep spending so much! It is all sooooo beautiful. I was so grateful that they let us come in there on a Saturday and pick things out. If you ever need trims let me know because I know the best place around to get them! :)


Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: