Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wilber "Czech It Out" Festival

I was really excited when Kim Z from Wilber said she really wanted to have a "Czech It Out" festival there and she was willing to help. I know I want this to grow and expand and figured that Wilber would be a great place to host another event as they have lots of kids who dance and this would be a great way for them to get involved before this summer when dance practice starts. After a busy MONTH I was pretty tired getting going that morning but had a great time working with Kim and her kids, Laura M and her kids, Laura S, and Kelsey H to get everything set up. I was thankful for a great group of volunteers coming to help once again. :) I definitely couldn't do all of the things I do without a huge group of supporters!!! This time the crowd was a lot smaller. We only had about 20 kids but we had a blast and I enjoyed having the time to get to go to each station and help the kids do the activities. I hope the kids had as much fun as I did and I look forward to the next "Czech It Out" Festival. Thanks again to all of my wonderful volunteers!

Spanem Bohem!
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: