Tuesday, June 8, 2010

South Central Czech Festival - The Last to Crown Their 2010 Queen

I couldn't believe that the South Central Festival had already arrived. It seemed like just yesterday I was wearing my new kroj for the first time and preparing for the state pageant!

It was going to be another busy day with playing in the accordion jam, performing my Blue Skirt Waltz, helping with the crowning, and having to head out of town to make it to another event in Lincoln!

The accordion jam was a lot of fun and we had a performance with all of the women accordion players together. It was fun to show off how many of us there were at the jam! :) I did my performance that I won the state title with (and only had one mishap with the props! LOL!) Then we crowned the new 2010 South Central Czech Slovak Queen. Erin was a past queen who decided to run again. YIPPEE! :) They handed me the mic and let me take the stage with all of the queens and have them introduce them then told them I was going to ask each of them a question and put them on the spot before the state pageant. I think I had a few of them a bit nervous based on the looks I got from them. HAHA! As expected they all did an awesome job! Next Willie asked me a few questions and then started telling everyone how I only had a few more days left as queen. After all of that I walked on stage and had my first of what I assume will be many tears because this amazing journey as your state queen is coming to an end. I have to keep in mind that I will be competing for the national title and this could just be the beginning of another journey!

I had a great time at the South Central Festival and I look forward to attending again in the near future!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: