Thursday, June 10, 2010

Valparaiso Accordion Jam and Parade

I can't believe how fast a year goes by. It seems like just a few months back I was playing in the Valparaiso accordion jam and finally believing that I might actually be able to play that squeeze box pretty well someday. :) I was excited to get to go back and play with some of my polka friends. It's always great to see Dottie Sladky too!

Since Math Sladky was from Valparaiso they dedicated their celebration this year to him. Dottie had a bunch of his band members get together and they played together on a float with a large picture of him on it. It was sad but I know he was watching down over all of us and was very proud to hear the polka music being carried on. It was great to see lots of royalty there representing too. I'm so proud of this years royalty for being so active and involved in events around the state and beyond. I hope they'll keep it up!

After the parade was complete we went over to Dottie's house and had a jam with a group of musicians on her porch. It was a great time and I look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Spanem Bohem!
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: