Wednesday, March 24, 2010

York Crowns New Queen

I was excited to get to attend another crowning. It's just the beginning of an amazing journey for these girls. I was invited to attend the 2010 York Czech Slovak Queen crowning. I headed to York when I got off work. I haven't made many trips on my own but this one I was flying solo. I met Alex before the business meeting started and was given the run down on what would be happening during the crowning. It is always fun to attend meetings at the different clubs and see what they are up to between their festivals each year. The Nebraska Czechs of York was generous to donate to help me cover the cost of my Czech It Out festival. I wasn't expecting that and am more thankful to them than they know! After the meeting they had Missy Vavra, the 2009 York Czech Slovak Queen (and 2009 Nebraska Talent Winner and Miss Congeniality), come up and talk a bit about her year as queen. Next they had me come up and talk about my year so far, myself, and upcoming plans. Then they had Alex come up and talk about herself and her Czech heritage. We did the crowning and presented her with gifts from the club. Of course we had a photo session after crowning. We had a light snack of kolace and rosettes then got to watch Alex do a preview of her talent. It was a fun night and I hope to make it out to York again soon. :) CONGRATS ALEX! Hope you have a wonderful year as queen!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: