Monday, March 8, 2010

My Current Projects = Always Busy!!!!!

Well I'm not sure if you've noticed but I have LOTS of ideas. :) I love my Czech Heritage and sometimes just want to shout it off the rooftops. I've tried to think of ways of spreading this and have come up with several ideas. 2 of them will be coming to life...very soon!

"Czech It Out" Children's Czech Festival
I've had a vision to get our youth involved and interested in their Czech heritage and was finally ready for it to come to life. I will be hosting this event on March 13, 2010 at Roper Elementary. Children will have the opportunity to explore the Czech heritage by decorating pieces of a kroj, learning Czech language, dancing the polka, making dough ornaments, decorating gingerbread cookies, and more. I am so excited to share the wonderful Czech heritage with elementary aged children and hope this is just the first step in getting the next generation involved. :) If you would like to register your child please contact me via email at stefanievocasek@hotmail.com or call me at (402) 261-6971.

Polka Music CDs
I started thinking about polka music and how much harder it is to find it these days. I know a lot of people enjoy the music but don't have a way to get ahold of it without having to call each of the band leaders. I thought it would be great to have a booth at the Czech Festivals around Nebraska with Polka Music CDs so people could get a variety of music in one place. I told Brad about this and he agreed to help me as he knows a lot of the band leaders in Nebraska. We are working on collecting these CDs and will have our booth available for the first time at the Lincoln Czech Festival on May 2nd.

I have a few more ideas brewing in my head but I guess you'll have to wait and see what they are in the future! :)

Spanem Bohem!
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: