Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wilber Kick-Off and Royalty Crowning

I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about Wilber Czech Days! I wasn't able to go to the Lincoln Czechs meeting this month so I could make it to the Wilber Kick-Off. I was excited to meet the 2010 Wilber Czech Slovak Royalty. They announced the 2010 Wilber Czech Festival Theme - "Czech Tales of the Past Years."

We got there and enjoyed the alumni band playing a few songs and Acid Polka played. It was lots of fun. Then they had Laura, Sheyenne, and Layne (the 2009 Wilber Czech Royalty) come up on stage first and give their farewells. It is always so sad to see someone give up their titles but it's not the crown that makes the queen! In my eyes they'll be royalty as long as they help to represent our wonderful heritage! They have done such a wonderful job representing Wilber the past year I know there are lots of people who are very proud including myself. After they finished speaking I went on stage to help with the crownings. (Since they have crowns, sashes, trophies, and money to give to the queen and princess and all but the flowers and crown for the prince.)

First was the prince...John. They had him come on stage....he was super excited. Next was the princess...Julia, his older sister. Last but certainly not least was the queen...Kelsey. CONGRATS KELSEY, JULIA, AND JOHN! It's going to be a great year but it is going to fly by...take it all in had most of all HAVE FUN!!! :)

After they were all crowned we danced and had a bit of fun but had to leave before it got too late because I had a VERY BUSY day ahead of me. We had to finish preparing for my Czech It Out Festival that was the next day. Mom had to go home to continue sewing vests and aprons and I had to finalize a few things. I was really nervous because I was still getting a lot of calls to sign kids up for the event. I knew it just needed to be here so I would stop stressing so much and JUST HAVE SOME FUN!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: