Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Polka New Year!!!

Well my New Year has started with "Lots O' Polka!" :-D For New Years Eve I decided to head down to Milligan to watch Sue and the Blue River Czechs play and ring in the 2010. Laura (the Wilber Queen) came along with me and we had a great time. It was fun because I also met several of my Grandma Knudson's (was Michl) classmates as this was near where she grew up. They had me come up and sing a few with the band which was fun because I don't get to sing with a larger band like that very often. After the band shut down they even served breakfast. YUMM!! That's now where the polka stopped. The next day (or if you want to get technical the same day since it was after midnight) the Brad Husak combo was playing at Abie's Place. We decided to have a girls night out because my dad, uncle, and brother had gone to the bowl game. My mom, 2 aunts, cousin, brother's girlfriend, her mom, and I headed up to Abie to watch the band play. We had snacks on the way there and had fun polka dancing and listening to the music the rest of the evening. I also realized how much fun it is to try to make John Halama laugh while he is playing...and really not that hard either. HAHA! I of course played and sang a bit and they even got Sue and Galen to go up and a play a few too. Galen played the chicken dance and we got a pretty big group out on the floor to dance. We always have fun there and I look forward to going again sometime soon. :)

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: