Friday, January 29, 2010

Madonna Birthday Celebration

I've been trying to keep busy this winter visiting as many places as I can and performing. It always helps to get in front of an audience and practice speaking, singing, and playing my accordion. I got a response back from Madonna that they would like me to come and perform. They were still looking for entertainment for their birthday celebration in January.

Brad and I were excited to play some polka music for all of the residents with birthdays in January. There were even several Czechs there celebrating. (I tried to get one of their granddaughters to run for Lincoln queen! HEHE!)

I spoke a bit about being queen and showed off my kroj a bit. Then we played a few, I sang a few, and put Brad on the spot with my favorite...the Clarinet Polka.

It was a lot of fun and as always...you start that polka music and those feet start tapping! We found a few residents who knew people we knew in the Czech and/or Polka Music community and stayed to visit for a while after performing. They were all very kind and we hope to go back and visit sometime soon!

Spanem Bohem!
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: