Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Hall of Fame...

In Milligan Nebraska! :)

I had heard about the Milligan Musicians Hall of Fame but had never see the names of everyone who has been inducted. I was excited to get to go to the celebration this year and hear about all of the new inductees. After we heard each of the new members of the Hall of Fame's story they had a big accordion jam. We played for a while then headed over and had dinner a few doors down (PRIME RIB WOO HOO!!! HAHA!) We went back and played accordion for several more hours. I made a fun new friend names Lilly. :) Her dad was actually one of my dads students. She saw me and started to mimic me and then we danced together for a few songs. It was a blast! I look forward to going every year now. I think it is even more special to me now because I am getting to know so many of the people who are involved in the polka music scene in Nebraska.

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: