Tuesday, December 8, 2009

OCCC Christmas Party

I got to see the Omaha group yet again this weekend! I've had a blast getting to know some of them better and look forward to many more events in the future with them!!!

I decided to try to make it to as many of the Christmas parties of the Nebraska Chapters as possible. I emailed around and was excited to get responses from several. I planed to attend the Omaha and South Central parties but couldn't' make it to York due to a commitment at an assisted living center in Hickman. I headed to Omaha in the morning as their party started at noon and was not very happy about the snow that started to fall on our way. I was definitely glad to be inside and warm when we arrived. :) We started by saying hello to some of the members while being entertained by some accordion music and found our seats. It was good to get to see everyone. Some people I've seen recently while others I haven't seen in what seems like months. We then were visited by Saint Mikolas and it was time for food. I was excited to see that they had the traditional turkey, potatoes, gravy, etc but they added a special dish too...SAUERKRAUT AND DUMPLINGS! :) Yummy!!!!! The food was wonderful! Next they gave out awards to the members and then had one of their members read "Carl the Christmas Carp" to everyone. They then did giveaways and I couldn't believe how many prizes they had. It was a ton of fun and I hope to get to see the Omaha crew again soon!

We had a concert to go to in the evening so we shopped around town. We stopped at Bohemian Cafe to say hello and got a few kolace for the road. We also stopped in a Christmas store in the old market and got a Christmas Ornament that says Veselé Vánoce on it. It was another great Czech day! :) Onto Hastings to celebrate next weekend!!


Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: