Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tiny Town Called Touhy

Well I had only heard of the town of Touhy once when Brad said he was meeting his parents there. We had been talking with Dottie Sladky and thought it would be fun to go to the Touhy bar for accordion practice sometime and just have a mini jam. We got there to eat and then play and were joined by one other to play for the evening. We had a blast and they covered our meals for playing. I think the whole place was packed the whole time we were there and they asked us to come back again any time! :) It was a fun impromptu performance and we definitely plan to go back again sometime soon. The nice thing was I could practice and it wasn't a huge deal if I made mistakes. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

PS...I got a cute thank you card from the Girl Scouts. They all wrote their names inside the card with a picture of me on it. Then they printed out a big photo of me with the girls and had them sign their names by their name. Super fun! :) I also got a card from the teacher who invited me to Roper. It was a cute Dr Suess card...love Dr Suess! LOL

0 comments: