Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Prague Heritage Day

I was excited to get to participate in Prague's Heritage day this year! I wasn't sure who would be there but I reminded all of the queens on Facebook because I miss all of them!

I actually had gone back to Columbus with Brad to meet some of his friends back home so we headed to Prague from Columbus on Sunday morning. I finally got to listen to Mark V on his Polka show and even called in to say hello and thanks to everyone for supporting me so far this year! We got to Prague around 11:15 and ate a WONDERFUL duck dinner (with dumplings, kraut, stuffing, and rye bread....YUMMY!!) at Kolace Corner. I headed over to the National Hall to see if anyone needed any help and ended up finding a garnet ring that I liked at the Czech Cottage booth...surprise surprise....once again Heidi had something I wanted! :-D I didn't buy it though...WILLPOWER! I went back to Kolace Corner and ran into Rabecca (the Prague Czech Queen) and her family. Everything started to come together by the time I made it back over to the National Hall! The program started a bit late but I was able to talk about myself and what I've done so far as queen and perform my talent (minus all of my props.) After I performed with Brad playing I invited Shandra up to the stage and had her play a few songs with us also. It was great to get to play with her again! They had Shandra and Rabecca speak a little bit about themselves and even had Sandy S come up and talk about the state pageant. Next was Sue Underwood and Carrie Brown (Miss Czech-Slovak US 2nd Runner Up and past Nebraska Queen) to do their demonstration and performance on the Dudy (Czech Bagpipes.) It was great to hear them play together and they did an awesome job especially since they had to throw it all together a few minutes before the performance!! I got to draw a few raffle tickets (hope nobody is mad if I didn't pick them!) Brad and I stuck around until it was all over and they were cleaning up. I ran into Annette's sister again and told her that I had actually met her sister only a few days before. There was also members of Studio Trio (who I sang with in Dwight) and a few from the night we went to Abie's Place. It was a great day and I can't wait to attend more events with the Prague Czech Chapter! Oh and I forgot to telly you...I gave in and bought the ring...yupp...another SILVER Garnet ring (so i can wear it everyday...and I do!) My every day jewelry now consists of 2 garnet rings, a garnet necklace, and sometimes a garnet bracelet if I feel like wearing one. ;)

I have a TON of stuff to get done this week before Oklahoma and the York Festival! WISH ME LUCK ON KNOCKING A HUGE TO DO LIST OUTTA THE WAY!

Spanem Bohem!
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: