Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Come on Down and Join in the Fun

....Nebraska State Fair

I know you know the jingle! Don't try to pretend you didn't hear it 1,000 on the TV and radio this year. :) I actually hadn't made it to the state fair at all this year with my busy schedule. (Surprise, surprise. LOL) It was a late night as I said before but luckily I slept quite a bit in the car on the way home so I wasn't too incredibly tired when we got up to get ready for the fair. My parents just dropped Brad off at home and then dropped Laura and Me off at my house to sleep but we left everything in the car. Luckily....my dad doesn't like to sleep in so he had everything unloaded when we got up and got to their house to get ready. :P Oh and BONUS...mom warmed up everything they got from the bakery in West for breakfast! We got ready and headed down to the fairgrounds and met Laura's parents to get all of her stuff back with them. We headed in and found our float. They had several queens participating from rodeo queens to beauty pageant queens to Czech queens so they just had a float for all of us to ride on. Lane (the Wilber Czech Prince) was also riding with us so the sign they had said "Nebraska Queens (and One Prince Too!)" We thought that was just too cute! After the parade we went to the family activity tent and had an autograph signing/meet and greet. Unfortunately I didn't know what exactly we would be doing so I didn't bring autograph sheets. I made a sign up sheet for people to give me their email address or physical address for a photograph. I emailed a photograph of me to each kid with their name and mine along with a special message. I definitely need to get my autograph sheets and business cards ready for the next event. EEK! It was a lot of fun and after the signing we went out and changed so we could walk around a bit. Laura decided to head back home with her parents right after that because she had to get back to class but Sheyenne, Brad, and I walked around for a while together and Sheyenne and I got to wear our shirts we got made in TX. We even stopped by the Franks booth from Wilber and took a picture with them. :) After Kiesels left Brad and I walked around till the booths started shutting down. A fun day at the fair and most likely the last time I'll be going for the next few years.

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: