Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nebraska Czech Brass Band at Bohemian Cafe

I was excited to have another chance to go to the Bohemian Cafe! :) I had also never heard the Nebraska Czech Brass Band play so this was even more exciting. Brad and I decided to head up there and mom asked if she could come along at the last minute. We got there late as I wasn't feeling too well but at least made it in time to have some wonderful food and hear some great music. When we got there I realized one of the judges from the state pageant was in the band. I remembered him talking about a band and traveling to the Czech Republic with them etc but didn't realize it was THIS BAND! I also had the honor of meeting Annette Vanek, the first ever Miss Czech-Slovak US. We had been Facebook friends for a while but it was great to actually meet her. :) Oh and I had actually met her older sister in Abie a few months back if you remember so it was fun to tell her about that also. After they finished playing we talked a few people and everyone kept asking when Brad and I would be back...HOPEFULLY SOON! (Kinda made me feel good that they asked about me too! HEHE!) We also got to meet Barry Boyce in the back of the restaurant. Glad we didn't miss it!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: