Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Look at MY Accordion! :-D

Well I've officially fell in love...with an accordion. HAHA! I've been looking for a Kuchar accordion for a few months now. It is to the point where I really needed my own to play since I really do love it and don't plan on giving it up anytime soon. :) Well the hard part is nobody else wants to sell their Kuchar. Well a few months ago I was lucky to have met Math and Dottie Sladky. Brad was very close to them and I started to get to know them through him. Well Dottie bought 3 accordions a few weeks back and knew how much I wanted a Kuchar. Although she originally was getting the Kuchar for herself she said that she would sell it to me because I may not have the opportunity to buy one again soon and she may. I couldn't believe it! Well Brad and I went out to see it and got to play it for a while. We looked at all 3 accordions first then went and had dinner. After we got back to the house she let us go through a bunch of CDs and Tapes from artists around the US and even some that Math had brought back from the Czech Republic. After going through all of those we played together for a while and we had to head back to Lincoln because I had an early morning at work. It was a great night and we definitely plan on going to visit her more often. I love the accordion...you'll have to check out the pictures of all 3 of them!! Hopefully I'll get the money situation in line so I can buy it soon. I am blessed to have met so many great people who are so supportive of me and my love of my Czech heritage. I don't think I could say thanks enough to all of you!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: