Monday, August 31, 2009

Brad Husak Combo Bohemian Cafe

Well Brad is snagging jobs all over the place and you know his #1 fan has to make an appearance as often as possible! :) This time he had the chance to play at Bohemian Cafe. If you remember we had gone there to hear Less Talk More Polka play a few months back and when he was there he started talking to the owners/managers. He gave them a CD and asked if they would be interested in having him come and play sometime. He was excited to play as he hasn't played much around the Omaha area. (I didn't complain either because this meant I had an excuse to eat there!!!!) We got there a bit later than we hoped to because my mom and I had to work until 5 but we were lucky to make it there before they started to play. It also took a bit longer because I wore my full kroj. A group of us said we would but I ended up being the ONLY one. We had dinner (this time I decided to just get sides because I ALWAYS order way too much when we go there) and as usual the food was wonderful. I at least got to eat my food before they started asking me to go up and play/sing. The crowd was AWESOME! I started to sing and they all joined in. :) I've never been anywhere where they have done that. I got to play my accordion and Brad as usual thought he needed to play it quite a bit too. I even tried hiding it from him under my table but he found it when I walked away! We can't wait to go back as we have more fun every time we go!!

Na Shledanou,
Stefanie Vocasek
2009-10 Nebraska Czech-Slovak Queen

0 comments: